Are you a social researcher who feels this way? Here are some ideas which might help:
- Have you read any interesting papers recently? Link to them and briefly explain why you liked them.
- Are you going to any conferences soon? Tweet that you’re going and ask if anyone else is.
- Are there any new stories which connect to issues you address in your research? Link to them and explain why
- Working on a presentation or a paper? Take one idea, try and express it succinctly then throw it on to twitter to see what reaction you get.
- Have you read anything good recently that isn’t related to your research? Tweet about it and explain why.
- Try to find other people working on similar issues to you. Tweet and ask! (e.g. “Does anyone know other people working on x, y, z?”)
- Are there any blogs or other websites you follow that are connected to your research? Tweet and tell other people why you like them.
- Are there policy or political conclusions which follow from your research findings? Explain what they are.
- For that matter, what are your research findings? Tell people.
- The most obvious one: link to your publications. Tell people what they’re about and why the work mattered to you.
Categories: Digital Sociology