Discourse, Power, Resistance 15 – Creative Spaces for Collective Voices
Come to a conference at Goldsmiths on 15th-17th April 2015.
Abstracts have been submitted from all over the world including:
- Reigniting the Flame of Activism– Challenging Homophobia as the final socially-acceptable form of discrimination in Australian schools
- The End of Democracy and the Modes of Resistance
- Presentation & workshop: Clowns, buffoons and the power of the killing laugh: an investigation of CIRCA (The Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army) and its unique approach to the subversion of power and place through non-violent direct action
- Thinking past the Black/White binary: mixed heritage children in London schools
- The rock or the hard place: Discursive invisibility and misrecognized visibility of school-going Muslim girls across the policy-practice continuum
- Exploring Britishness in a GCSE Art class: Emancipatory pedagogy in creative space
- Living politics and the City: Youth protests, art and the view from elsewhere
There is still time to contribute a paper or a poster, or to take part in a symposium, or simply to come and join in. But time is passing so I’d strongly recommend you to act without delay if you want to take part. See https://dprconf.wordpress.com/ for more details.