An excellent post by Rebecca Winson on the CLASS blog. Important advice for left-wing sociologists in the UK who are currently in a state of mild despair:
- If you’re in work – or maybe even if you’re not – join a trade union.
- Get involved in community activism too. Housing groups, food banks, local strikes, local progressive parties. Work for the vulnerable.
- Soz, but we’re going to have to be tireless.
- Don’t be tied by party lines.
- Find a way to preach to the unconverted. We need them on our side.
These are just a summary. Read the full post here.
Categories: Committing Sociology