This a little old but there’s some great advice here. It’s written by Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Director of Scholarly Communication at the Modern Language Association. Read it in full here:
1. Do not let dust-ups such as these stop you from blogging/tweeting/whatever.
2. Listen carefully to these debates, though, as they will tell you something important about your field and the folks in it.
3. Use your blog/twitter/whatever professionally.
4. Make your tweets and blog posts your own.
5. If somebody says they’d prefer not to be tweeted or blogged, respect that.
Categories: Social Media for Academics