There’s been a lot of argument recently about the sustainability of traditional models of academic publishing and possible alternatives to them. Here’s a round up of posts on the subject either connected to SI or ones that we liked:
- Academic publishers make Murdoch look like a socialist
- Uninformed, Unhinged, and Unfair — The Monbiot Rant
- Response to George Monbiot’s Rant against Academic Publishers
- The ‘prestige’ of journals in a social media age
- Response to Mark Carrigan’s “The ‘prestige’ of journals in a social media age”
- Cite or Site? The current view of what constitutes ‘academic publishing’ is too limited. Our published work must become truly public
- We Ask Martin Paul Eve: Do We Need to Rethink Academic Publishing?
If there are any you’d like to see added to the list, please let us know through the comments box below or get in touch on twitter.
Categories: Higher Education