Are you interested in being a Postgraduate Forum Convenor?
Our existing team work together to make sure that student members of the Association are kept up-to-date with matters of specific interest to them. They will also facilitate contact between student members and the BSA Council. In return for their hard work and dedication.
Postgraduate Forum Convenors are offered a free place at BSA events and all travel expenses are reimbursed.
The Convenors’ tasks include:
- Circulating information to other postgraduates via the PG Forum email distribution list
- Maintaining the PG Forum pages of the BSA website & the Facebook fan page.
- Supporting and hosting PG Focus podcasts
- Making contributions to Network
- Assisting with the processing of BSA Support Fund applications by joining the panel of members who grant awards from the Fund
- Helping organise the Postgraduate workshops/events at the BSA Annual Conference
- Representing the interests of Postgraduate members at Council meetings
Since the PG Focus podcasts were launched to great success in 2009, they have become an increasingly important part of the PG Forum activities. We are therefore particularly interested in having someone join us who has knowledge about, or an interest in learning, skills relating to the compiling, editing, uploading, and online maintenance of the blog and PG Focus podcasts.
The successful applicant will work with current convenors to become
proficient at assisting with the online and media aspects of the PG Forum’s activities. The new convenor(s) will also share other duties, including attending on average one Council meeting and two PG Forum meetings per year; quickly and efficiently dealing with email correspondence regarding Support Fund applications and other business; overseeing the organization of a session for the PG Day and spearheading new initiatives that will benefit the PG Forum community.
While the time commitment for this role is flexible, with responsibilities shared between convenors, and the workload varies over the year, applicants can expect to devote between 4 and 16 hours per month to PG Forum
If you have questions about what being a convenor entails, please contact us at PGForum@britsoc.org.uk
Include a letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role.
Deadline for applications: 1 March 201
Categories: Higher Education