As some of you may have seen on Facebook, the Sociological Imagination is looking for book reviewers. This is a chance to practice your writing, share your thoughts on a topic and get a free book in the process. There are submission guidelines here.
Here are a few suggestions of books that we’d like to see reviewed:
- Ben Carrington, Race, Sport and Politics: The Sporting Black Diaspora
- Adrian Franklin, City Life
- Barry Smart, Consumer Society
- Natalie Fenton, New Media, Old News
- Richard Giulianotti & Roland Robertson, Globalization and Football
- Nick Couldry, Why Voice Matters: Politics and Culture after Neoliberalism
- Craig Calhoun, Community
- Rosi Braidotti, The Posthuman
- Susie Scott, Making Sense of Everyday Life
- Angus Bancroft, Drugs, Intoxication and Society
- Peter Miller and Nikolas Rose, Governing the Present
If none of these take your fancy then feel free to suggest a book and we’ll try and obtain a review copy for you. Please get in touch to arrange or discuss further.